Sunday 16 October 2011

Recent Images


Selection of recent Photographs

As I have not been up-dating my blog for a bit due to work commitments I thought it was time to show some recent images.

I paid a visit to the Somerset levels last weekend looking for Autumn fungi, quite a lot have been taken by people, but did manage to find some species.

This time of year is good to find the iconic Fungi Fly Agaric, this shot below is of the cap, once the rain arrives this will turn Orange.



Below: And as you would normally see the Fly Agaric fungi, if the rain is heavy the white creamy spots will get washed away from the cap.


Many myths surround this fungi from the uses by the Shamen mixing it with Raindeer Urine, also it is said that if you sleep with a dried piece under your pillow it will promote visionary dreams. (But please do not try this).


                                  Further along I managed to find some Shaggy Inkcaps (below).


And one I was really pleased to find was this species below of the Yellowing Woodwax. I will be looking out for more species in the coming weeks as Autumn progresses.



On a recent walk along the shore line of Dawlish Warren I came across this skeleton of an old boat, I have been walking the shore line of this area for many years and never seen this before.


A walk along the Exeter Ship Canal yesterday, many boats were heading to the lock gates, this one looked rather photogenic through the reeds as the sun burst through the cloud cover.


           
                       Another sudden sun burst (below) as a flock of Geese flew towards the Rver Exe.



3 comments:

  1. That Geese flight shot is just brilliant John.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice!! I love looking for mushrooms. Aren't you glad you never spotted the boat skeleton before? Then it wouldn't be new!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karen,

    Lovely to hear from you. One of my favourite pastimes is looking for Autumn Fungi. As for the boat, don't know how I have missed it.

    Hi Roy,
    Thank you for your kind comment, I love that part of the Exe, you can get some very atmospheric shots. Pleased you liked it.

    ReplyDelete